Monday, June 22, 2009

Telling the Truth is the Most Important, Right?

Lately, I've noticed that our bathroom sink doesn't seem to be draining very quickly. So, I've tried my normal baking soda/vinegar/boiling water thing, but it doesn't seem to be working like it normally does. While working on it again last night, my darling little boy came in for a chat... Our conversation went as follows:

Alek: Hi Mom. You still can't get that sink to drain?
Me: No, not really.
Alek: Oh, I think I know why.
Me: (distracted) Why is that?
Alek: Wellllll.... it's always good to tell the truth right. I won't get punished if I tell you the truth right?
This is the point I stop what I am doing and stare at DS. I just know it's not going to be good.
Me: Just tell me what you did.
Alek: Well, you know that game I play, right?
Me: Nooo, what game is that, Alek?
Alek: Oh, you know. That game where I cram things down the sink to see if they will fit. I'm pretty sure it was the link'n log that didn't make it all the way down.
Me: Alek, I'm giving you a 5 second head start. I suggest you start running now.
Alek: as he runs away But I told the truth!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment