Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Gone Camping

Yesterday, Alek left for vacation with his grandparents. They are headed for Texas for ten days! Alek was so excited. He helped pack and load up the car. He even woke up before 5 am Monday morning ready to go and he didn't have to get up until 6:00 am.

But, now that he's left, I'm shocked at how quiet the house it. Even more shocking, I don't like it. Yes, Jolee is still home. But, she doesn't chatter nearly as much. Further, she is perfectly happy sitting quietly with a book or her "colors" for hours on end. Without Alek there, even Jolee is more quiet. I'm almost at a loss on what to say and do. Almost. I do have some plans to spend some good quality time alone with my girl. She never gets individual attention. So, this week, I plan to spend extra time reading and playing with her. Maybe I'll even force myself to take her to Chuck E. Cheese. Alek would be so furious that he missed this. Not that I will mention it to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment