Friday, July 17, 2009

I Have to Run!

In the summer, the kids and I often take walks around our neighborhood. Typically, I either carry Jolee using a mei tai baby carrier, or use a stroller. I let her choose. Alek will walk or ride his bike. He also gets to choose. Really, this is one of the highlights of my day.

About once a week, we also head to a local park. Admission is free for military families, Woo Hoo!. Anyway, I digress. During our last trip to the local park, my daughter discovered her joy of running. While quietly (okay, relatively quietly) walking down one of the water front paths, Jolee suddenly declared, "Mommy, I have to run!" Not "I want to run", but "have to run"

I did what any normal parent would do (in a safe environment). I unbuckled her and said, "go, Jo". And off she went.

No comments:

Post a Comment